Combine our daily routine with all that we want to do its not always easy. But, it doesn’t matter how busy you are, there is always time for training. Every polo player should have de capacity of making some time to improve/maintain their fitness level, so necessary for this sport.
These are just simple tips that helped many players to make some time in their agendas to focus on his physical condition:
- Something is better than nothing: Sometimes we are not conscious of the time we need to workout. We generally think that it will take more time than it actually does, and we tend to make the wrong decision. We should change the phrase “I don’t have time” to “how much time do I have?”. Remember its always better to do something rather than nothing.
- Quick Workouts: Quick and short workouts are quite intense. They range between 10 to 20 minutes. The common type are metabolic workouts, it means, that you don’t get to rest much and they focus on intensity muscle activation. If you don’t have time, this sessions could be the main tool during the week, leaving longer workouts for the weekend.
- Bodyweight training: If you don’t have much time, home or outside workouts are a great choice. As I wrote in other articles, there are many ways to train with our bodyweight. The best piece of equipment I recommend are the TRX bands. This can be hung anywhere, doors, trees, poles, etc. With this type of training you can do a lot of work in a short period of time.
- Workout in the morning: A lot of people find that training early in the morning help them a lot with productivity, energy levels and awareness. Before you start your work day, hit the gym and reap the benefits.
- Beneficial exercises: When we don’t have much time, the best thing to do is to find compound exercises that allow you to work multiple parts of your body at the same time. Deadlifts, squats and push ups are some of these exercises. Other good way to workout is to combine exercise from upper and lower body. For example, chin ups + leg lifts.
I hope these tips help you in the same way that they helped many others!
Until then, stay active and keep healthy.